Our minimum application criteria are listed below. Applicants must meet all requirements in order to be considered.
- Graduation from an approved medical school within the last two years (i.e., to be considered for the 2022 Match, applicants must have graduated no earlier than 2020). Note that approved schools are determined by using the California Medical Board's List of Recognized Schools;
- Successful completion of USMLE Steps 1 & 2, CS & CK - OR - COMLEX Steps 1 & 2, CE & PE, with no more than two combined failed attempts; (NOTE, we understand that Step 2 options have been temporarily canceled, so Step 2 CS & Level 2 PE requirements are waived until further notice.)
- U. S. citizenship - OR - be a U.S. permanent resident with a Green card (we do not sponsor or accept visas of any kind);
- If IMG, must have ECFMG certification -OR- be eligible for ECFMG certification immediately after graduation (certification required prior to matriculation)
- All applications submitted via ERAS. Application materials submitted via email, fax, mail or any online resource other than ERAS will not be accepted or reviewed.
- Southern Regional AHEC requires all of its employees receive the complete COVID-19 vaccination series and any additional CDC recommended booster doses as a condition of employment for all employees. All incoming interns must complete their COVID-19 vaccination series prior to starting residency at SR-AHEC.
Eligible applicants must submit their applications to ERAS and include the following:
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX Transcript
- At least three letters of recommendation in addition to a Dean’s Letter/MSPE.
- If IMG, ECFMG status report.
Photographs are appreciated, but not required.